Welcome to the “God’s own country – Kerala”. From gorgeous tea and spice plantations to palm-lined backwaters, a tour through Kerala offers a glimpse into God’s Own Country!
On this relaxed one week tour package your journey starts in Cochin, which brings together the old world charm of erstwhile Portuguese colony and the modern day city life. Your Highlights of Kerala tour then continues to panoramic hill station of Munnar, enjoying the boat safari at Periyar lake at Thekkady, relax yourself with Ayurvedic spa and massage at your resort at Kumarakaom on the shores of the Vembanad lake, followed by an exclusive and overnight backwater cruise experience, before driving on to Kovalam beach, for a bit of relaxation on its white sand beaches.
- Day 01: Cochin
- Day 02: Munnar (Hill Station)
- Day 03: Munnar
- Day 04: Thekkady (Periyar Wild Life Park)
- Day 05: Kumarakom
- Day 06: Alleppey (Luxury Houseboat Stay)
- Day 07: Cochin/Departure
Spice Tour Of Kerala - Google Map
Highlight of Kerala Tour Package
- Gorgeous Tea & Spice Plantations.
- Palm-lined Backwaters of Kerala.
- Portuguese and French Colonies.
- Boat Safari at Periyar Lake.
- Ayurvedic Spa & Massage Therapy.
- Overnight on a Backwater Cruise (Houseboat).
- Live performance of classical dance form (Kathakkali Dance Show).
- Relaxation on white sand beaches.
Day 1 : Cochin (Kochi; the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala)
Warm welcome to India! You will be received by our representative at Cochin Airport and proceed to your hotel. On the way, your tour guide will present you all your tour documents, helpful information on getting around in India and also your complimentary mobile phone. The rest of the day is at your leisure to settle in. Depending on your arrival time, if you’d like to begin exploring city on the very first day of your arrival, your driver is always available there at your disposal to escort you anywhere you’d like to go.
From time immemorial, the Arabs, British, Chinese, Dutch, and Portuguese have left indelible marks on the history and development of Cochin. Over the years, Cochin has emerged as the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala and is perhaps the second most important city on the west coast of India (after Mumbai). This lovely seaside city is proud of its world class port and international airport that link it to many major cities worldwide.
Here you can visit Old Cochin, fisherman China Nets, Fish market, fort Cochin and old churches, the famous Mattancherry Palace (Dutch Palace), Bolghatty Palace, St. Francis Church and the Jewish Synagogue. Also see the giant Chinese Fishing Nets being lowered on the famous Vasco Da Gama Square, offering a spectacular view to its visitors.
Stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 2 : Munnar (Only Hill station of Kerala) (140 km from Cochin/ 03 hours drive)
Munnar is the most beautiful and only hill station of Kerala. After breakfast departs for Munnar enjoying the panoramic view of the Cardamom hills & green carpets of tea plantations en-route. The mountains and rubber plants on the way to Munnar is most beautiful and worth to see.
On arrival check-in hotel and relax. Spend the rest of the day at leisure trekking around the tea estates.
Stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 3 : Munnar
After breakfast full day sightseeing tour includes your visit to Eravikulam National Park, the Mattupetty Dam, Dairy Farm, Old Munnar Town and also walk through the market of Munnar. Evening at leisure.
Stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 : Thekkady (Periyar wild life sanctuary) (130 km from Munnar/ 02.30 hours drive)
After breakfast depart for Thekkady. An enchanting Plantation Town Thekkady, located in central Kerala, is a popular wildlife centre with unending chains of hills and spice scented plantations.
Two art shows are very famous from here. First is Kathakali dance performance and the second is Kallari (ancient fighting art show).
You can enjoy boat safari at Periyar Lake located in the center of the wildlife sanctuary. Here you will be able to see a large variety of wildlife, which includes tigers, elephants, monkeys, deer, wild boar and different species of birds, can also be spotted. You can also take an elephant safari at sanctuary.
Stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 5 : Kumarakom (Backwater’s paradise) (125 km from Thekkady/ 02 hours drive)
Morning breakfast and depart for the most beautiful and picturesque backwater destination of Kerala, Kumarakom. On the bank of Vembanad Lack it is a beautiful place to enjoy nature and feel the beauty of Nature. It is completely a relaxing place.
Kumarakom also has one of the finest bird sanctuaries of India. Enjoy exploring the beautiful surroundings or spotting an exciting range of colorful water birds in the Kumarakom bird sanctuary. You will enjoy your stay at your backwater resort, nestles on the serene bank of the Vembanad Lake, the vast stretch of tranquil, emerald green backwaters. Here you can enjoy Ayurvedic spa and massages treatment at your resort.
Stay overnight at your backwaters resort.
Day 6 : Alleppey House Boat (night stay at floating luxury houseboat exclusively for you) (35 km from Kumarakom)
After breakfast transfer to Alleppey houseboat point (Jetty) to embark on your houseboat (your luxury home on sail for next 24 hours). It is one of the highlight of your travel. Houseboat trip is the perfect way to experience the backwater lifestyle of Kerala.
The day long journey in the beautiful backwaters of Kerala is the only way to explore what otherwise seems more like a poet’s version. While sitting on the deck of your houseboat or while sitting in the spacious open sit-out area, outside your bedroom, you can see how daily life is running across both the corners of backwaters covering beautiful rivers and canals with palm trees and small houses near to it , villages paddy fields, churches, etc.
You can get out and get an experience of Toddy, soft liquor made from Coconut (it is safe, pure and sweet.)
Stay overnight at your luxury, air-conditioned and private houseboat.
Day 7 : Departure
Today you are free to plan your day according to your departure schedule. Later at appropriate time you will be transferred to Cochin airport (50 km/01 hr drive) according to flight schedule (03 hours before boarding).
Fly back home with sweet memories…!
The services End Here!
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES WITH FOLLOWING SERVICES:-
- A safe and comfortable air-conditioned car with driver, all inclusive. (Fuel for car, Insurance, Road and State taxes, Toll taxes, Parking fees and all transport related expense including Driver’s food and lodging.
- Driver with excellent skills and record, a good knowledge of the area you are visiting and sufficient English to communicate with you.
- Car will be with luxury pushback seats, safety seat belts for all passengers, mineral water and ice box in cabin.
- The car will be with you from your arrival to departure with as many stops to sightseeing as you want enroute.
- Air-conditioned double bed room with breakfast and all taxes included.
- Transfers and land transportation according to proposed itinerary.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports, hotels by our company representative.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch dinner) during your stay at houseboat.
- Complementary tea/coffee with cookies during your houseboat tour.
- Live Kathakali dance performance at Thekkady.
- A typical Kerala Ayurvedic massage for rejuvenation therapy.
- Live performance of Kellari art from ancient time at Thekkady.
- Excursion to a spice garden with naturalist/guide to explain about all the spices.
Services Not Included
FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICES:-
- Tips, laundry, telephone bills, portage and Beverages.
- Meals unless specified.
- Entrances to Monuments and other specified destination.
- Movie / video camera fee at monuments.
- Domestic or International airfare unless specified.
- Medical or baggage insurance.
- Airport Departure taxes, Visa Charges.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Any other service that has not been specified
- Your game safaris in the National Parks unless specified above.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR YOUR HELP AND INFORMATION:-
- Train & all the flight reservations are subject to availability.
- Air Fares are subject to change.
- Euro, British Ponds and Dollars easily exchangeable in India.
- Any other service that has not been specified but you want to add, please let us know, we will try our best to manage for you.
- Taj Mahal is closed on Friday.
- If any proposed hotel is sold-out then other similar level hotel is guaranteed.
- During the travel if you want to change any hotel because of any reason then you have to inform us at-least 7 days before because at the last moment we both lose money.
- We are not responsible for any political demonstration, Natural problems, Traffic jams etc.
- Any flight or train cancellation at the last moment, since their control not in our hands. In such situation the compensation and dealings will be between you and the concerning company, we are not obliged to play role as mediator. But in such situation you are always free to get information from us.